Thursday, August 25, 2005

Frustration

It is time for me to move on. The world is spinning on and I am feeling left out. I must start job seeking in earnest. I can't stand the lack of intellectual stimulation at my current paycheck. I am a babysitter of adults.

This week I received a lead from a friend I know through a women's group I am involved in. It may not be the right thing for me but I am just pleased people are thinking of me and who knows what might happen, right?

A colleague of mine in my current job is also trying to leave. I suggested today that we meet once a week to encourage each other to get our acts together and leave this pop stand. I think she is excited about the idea. I am happy to have her to bounce ideas off of but until I see myself engage I won't be happy with myself.

I will keep you posted and try to update more often.

Your Linguistic Profile:

50% General American English
35% Yankee
15% Upper Midwestern
0% Dixie
0% Midwestern

2 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, Blogger Traci said...

Did I have any Yankee? I dont think I did. The upper midwest surprised me. Good that you are going to meet once a week with other person to get going and stay accountable. I had never thought about it but you are right, I never wanted to work again in retail because I felt babysat. That is so true. Sad that a babysitter for adults is needed.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Jas... said...

Hey, sorry about your job, but sooo happy about your broad range of choices! Congrats on getting out of the muck and mire of yesterdayland. Hope it's sunshine from here out.

:)
Jas...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home