Sunday, August 14, 2005

Possibilities

On my journey of self discovery, my favorite and most exciting part is how many possibilities exist for me now. Eight months ago I felt very trapped and suffocated. Now I am overwhelmed sometimes thinking about all this things I would like to pursue...professionally, socially, leisurely.

Right now I am working as an hourly supervisor at Target. This is something I never thought I would do. My ego said I am too good for this. My pocketbook said you need a job now. My self esteem said I am so beat up from fighting with my husband, the failure of my business (read myself),that trying to find a job I was qualified for was too scary. So Target fits me just fine for right now. I am taking this less than desirable job and choosing to make it a learning experience. I have never managed anyone before, now I have 30 employees. I can learn new skills. Since I don't have a job I take home with me, I can take the opportunity to enrich myself. Even though at times I am frustrated with the smallness of my income, I have the opportunity to recreate myself into someone I am proud of and comfortable with...and that is a gift.

1 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Traci said...

Yeah!!!!! That truly is a gift! wooowhooooo! Go Laura! That is me being a cheerleader!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home